Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Golden Beets!!

I saw these at the store yesterday and just had to have them, so I decided to treat myself! Wow, I wish I were talking about a hot pair of heels instead of a bunch of beets... but no, I really am just talking about a bunch of beets. This isn't even a recipe post so much as it is just me getting obsessed and having a photoshoot with these beautiful beets. It's not my fault they're like a brilliant sunset... on a vegetable.


One of the great things about these golden beets is they didn't stain my hands or anything else they come into contact with neon crimson! (I wonder if they stain your hands yellow though? I'm already yellow, so I really didn't notice:) Golden beets have basically the same nutritional benefits as red beets, being high in folate, manganese, potassium, vitamin c, iron, fiber, and other heart disease- and cancer-preventing goodies. The beet greens are an excellent source of vitamin A, carotenoids and anti-oxidants, so I'll definitely be stirring those into to my lunch today! 

These beets inspired me to create a golden stir-fry for sups last night, so I also picked up some yellow squash, yellow onion, ginger and lemons. Here's hoping something beautiful and colorful inspires your dinner tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment